Miso-glazed salmon and quinoa combined with fresh pineapple, pine nuts and salad greens to make a delicious, light but satisfying weeknight meal. I use red miso, which is typically made from soya beans fermented with barley or other grains, in the marinade for the salmon. Replace it with rice or soya based white miso instead if you need to go gluten free. You could use rice, kaniwa, or farro instead of quinoa.
- Combine miso paste, soya sauce, vinegar, coconut sugar, and olive oil in bowl. Use 1 tablespoon of the sauce to brush the salmon steak.
- Meanwhile well rinse quinoa and drain. Place them in a saucepan filled with 250 ml of water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low and cook for 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the salmon in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Place quinoa, chopped pineapples, and scallions in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of miso sauce and gently toss to combine.
- Place salad greens on platters. Top with quinoa and salmon. Sprinkle the roasted pine nuts over. Serve with extra miso sauce.