There is nothing better than homemade falafel and these baked broccoli falafels with mung beans are super easy, healthy, and flavourful. Enjoy them for a meat free lunch or dinner with avocado sauce or garlicky-yoghurt dressing.
|Falafel||Roasted Sweet Potato||Avocado Sauce|
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Brush the baking paper with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Drain the mung beans and place them in a processor together with broccoli florets, garlic, parsley and egg. Process all the ingredients until smooth. Add in ground almonds, einkorn flour, baking powder, chilli flakes, cumin powder, and salt. Process again until well combined.
- Using 2 tablespoons to form 10 falafels and place them on the prepared baking tray. Brush the falafels with the remaining olive oil. Bake in the middle of hot oven for 30 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Place sweet potato cubes, garlic, cumin, coriander and oil in a large roasting pan. Toss to combine. Season and roast at 200C/400F for 30 minutes until tender.
- Place yoghurt, avocado, pickled chillies, lime juice, and parsley for the sauce into a blender and whiz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve falafels with roasted sweet potato and avocado sauce.